- Price: How much does it cost?
- Service speed: How long does it take to get a bookable price?
- Frustration factor: How frustrating is the process of building and pricing a multi-stop route?
Here is how the cost of searching these routes on STA Travel compared to other companies for each of the three routes we searched:
- Route 1: 5th lowest price out of 9 options
- Route 2: 6th lowest price out of 7 options
- Route 3: 4th lowest price out of 5 options
Here is how the speed of searches compared to other companies we searched.
- Route 1: 6th fastest out of 9
- Route 2: Slowest out of 7
- Route 3: 3rd fastest out of 5
When searching, customers can send in an enquiry using their Request a Round the World Flight Quote page. There are also chat options and a toll free phone number if you want to go either of those routes. There are no rules on stops or mileage, travelers can begin and end their trip anywhere, and they can travel in whichever direction they want.
The process for making changes once you book your ticket is similar to all other companies specializing in multi-stop fares outside of the airline alliances, but if you are a student and qualify for their Student Exclusive Tickets, there are special date change and refund rules. Each customer will have their own travel expert to work with, and the travel expert can help with any changes customers may need to make after booking a ticket.