AirTreks RTW Ticket Review
In the latest version of the Around the World Airfare Report, we shopped prices for RTW plane tickets from nine different companies and rated each company based on three criteria:
- Price: How much does it cost?
- Service speed: How long does it take to get a bookable price?
- Frustration factor: How frustrating is the process of building and pricing a multi-stop route?
Here is how the cost of searching these routes on AirTreks compared to other companies for each of the three routes we searched:
- Route 1: 4th lowest price out of 9 options
- Route 2: 5th lowest price out of 7 options
- Route 3: 3rd lowest price out of 5 options
Here is how the speed of searches compared to other companies we searched.
- Route 1: 7th fastest out of 9
- Route 2: 6th fastest out of 7
- Route 3: 4th fastest out of 5
The online booking tool is easy and simple. And with no strict rules, terms, and conditions to worry about, crafting your itinerary is extremely easy. AirTreks also offers the best customer service and most expertise on long-term, multi-stop airfare and travel out of all the companies we searched.
You must speak (or email) with an agent to get a price and to book, so it may take a little longer than other options. We were in constant communication with their representatives, and they always answered our questions in a timely manner. One of the pluses of working with AirTreks is that each customer is assigned a personal travel consultant to work with, and they really do try to accommodate your travel needs, and they take the time to find out exactly what it is you want out of this trip and don’t pressure you or try to talk you into doing more than you want.
The process for making changes once you book your ticket is similar to all other companies specializing in multi-stop fares outside of the airline alliances.